The safety of our patrons, artists and colleagues is our top priority—so we’re closely monitoring the situation and reports from local and national public health agencies. We have rigorous sanitation standards and had already stepped up cleaning efforts for cold and flu season. This includes daily cleaning and sanitization of our entire venue and reinforcing the best practices for health and hygiene with our patrons, artists and colleagues.
It’s important to remember this is a dynamic situation that needs tremendous flexibility in response. Our plans and tactics will change as the situation evolves and as we get new information from the CDC and The Villages. So for the latest information, keep checking our site. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- If you are sick, have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or have recently been exposed to COVID-19 please do not visit the theatre until you have doctor clearance.
- Doors to the venue will be open one hour prior to the concert.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- You may enter through the lobby entrance facing the Town Square, or the back handicap accessible entrance facing Hacienda Pond.
- Programs will be digital and you can download them on your phone or at home.
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
What safety precautions have been taken due to COVID-19?
- Hand sanitizer stations have been put throughout the building.
- Lobby seating has been limited.
- Seat selection in the auditorium have been spaced out for social distancing.
- Staff is on hand to help you with any seating concerns you have when entering.
- Backstage staff and artists have been limited.
- Venue is only open to 20% of seating capacity
- Janitorial porters will be positioned throughout the lobby and hallways to maintain sanitation.
- Additional sanitization will be increased during the usage of the facilities.
- We use hospital-grade disinfectant to thoroughly clean and sanitize our facility multiple times a day, between each show, and throughout all public spaces like restrooms, stairwells, elevator, theatre and lobby.
- We take extra care with high-touch areas like door handles, stair railings and elevators.
Do I need to wear a mask?
- All patrons are encouraged to wear a mask to attend a performance at The Sharon. Masks will not be provided. Please follow CDC guidelines.
Tickets & Seating:
Are seats reserved in advance?
- Yes, please purchase your tickets in advance on www.thesharon.com seating maps are available upon purchase to review.
How do I reserve seats?
- Please feel free to review our socially distanced seating chart online, then proceed to purchase the ticket of your choice using the map online or by visiting a Villages Box Office or by calling our remote box office at 352-753-3229.
Will the bar be open?
- Yes, the bar and concessions will be open one hour prior to the performance's start time.
Will there be merchandise sold?
- No merchandise will be sold by either venue or artist.
Will there be a meet and greet?
- No, unfortunately we will not have the opportunity to meet and greet with the artists after the show.
Can't find the answer to your question here? Feel free to email your question to: info@TheSharon.com
Seating is in a new limited capacity configuration: